Wednesday 5 January 2011

Web Design

I am a bit behind compared to other people as I have been in Australia for the past month due to family reasons. However, I have had the brief for the past two weeks so I'll catch you up on my design so far...

I like things that are bold in colour and dark in background, like a lot of my work. I want to try and make this my website. Full of glossy and sleek icons and moving images if possible. I did web design at college so I should be able to remember most of my old HTML code considering I obviously missed the web design tutorials...eek!

This is the mock up I have created so far in Photoshop to show the kind of design I usually do and the direction I want to take the website in.

I have added in a sliding bar that will change every 5 seconds to another piece of work from my portfolio. Along the bottom will be thumbnails of other pieces of work that people can click on to view and the bar along the bottom will slide and highlight the thumbnail to show people which thumbnail they are currently on. I think that the icons are cool. I found them on a free icon finder website that I downloaded the vectors from.

I added a small arrow pointing up as I thought this illustrates the idea that I am on my way up the design ladder as it is next to my name.

I have a tutorial will Neil tomorrow so I'll see what he thinks so far.

1 comment:

  1. Great story. I am going to want a good amout of time to think over this article...
    Web Designing India

    ReplyDelete